Our projects around the world
A strategic alliance between Unilever, GIZ, Origines Sarl and Save the Children (SCI) is implementing a project to scale up sustainable initiatives to improve the living conditions of vanilla producing communities in the SAVA region of north-eastern Madagascar. The programme has four components:
- Component 1: Improving resilience to economic shocks
- Component 2: Improving community service infrastructure
- Component 3: Reduction of the intergenerational transfer of poverty
- Component 4: Contribution to sector learning
The mandate assigned to PPI and funded by SCI falls under Component 3: Reducing the Intergenerational Transfer of Poverty which aims at: securing income for vulnerable households; improve family health, nutrition, parenting and hygiene; strengthening youth to engage in decent livelihoods and improving intergenerational dialogue.
Contribute to the reduction of the intergenerational transfer of poverty in vanilla producing communities in the SAVA region.
- Improve income security for vulnerable households in 36 villages in the SAVA region
- Improve family health, nutrition, child protection and parenting in 36 villages in the SAVA region
Vulnerable households in 36 villages located in the districts of Sambava and Andapa.